DeSean The Diva?

November 29th, 2010 by Christian | Filed under Eagles, General, NFL, Sports.

Be A Teammate, Not A Diva!

Reports are that DeSean Jackson was sitting in the locker room after the loss to the Bears with towel over his head, sulking, not talking to reporters.

Come on dude, are you kidding me?  You’re gonna start that sh!t now?  Acting like a baby – another spoiled, ungrateful star athlete – after a little over a season of pretty good ball?  Give me a break.  And while you’re at it, give yourself a break.  Do NOT fall into the easy trap of the T.O’s and Chad Ochostinko’s of the world.  Egotism is boring and ugly.  And it ruins careers.  Allen Iverson ring a bell?

DeSean, you are not bigger than the team or the game. You’re a good receiver, with blazing speed who can be an electrifying player at times.  But, let’s not get carried away.  You’re no Jerry Rice.

And you have to look no further than to another highly talented receiver, whose ego has virtually destroyed him – Randy Moss.  He’s becoming like a leper.  Consider this: there have been a lots of great receivers in this game: Maynard, Berry, Swann, Biletnikoff, Stallworth, Largent,  Monk, Irvin and many more.  You follow them, not the other way around.

Take a look at the picture above.  You are the member of an excellent trio of very good Eagles receivers with a bright future.  Throw in Brent Celek and the four of you could maybe win a Super Bowl or two together.  Or you could blow it.  The difference in the end results will depend on egos being kept in check – specifically yours.  Humility is a rare, but priceless commodity.  When looking around at superstar athletes, tell me who was a bigger start than Emmitt Smith?  And you rarely heard Emmitt talk about Emmitt.  That’s a role model you should try to emulate.

So get the stupid towel off your head, get your head out of your ass, join your teammates and have some fun winning some games out there.  Because if you don’t, it will all unravel pretty quickly.  Last I heard ‘The Answer’ is playing basketball in Turkey.  The country Turkey.  No kidding.

Tags: , , , , , , ,

9 Responses to “DeSean The Diva?”

1. Johnny G says:

Schmitty: Apology accepted. I’m all for having rational discussion but the personal attacks are not necessary. Your passion for Philadelphia sports is admirable.

I will do my best for a worst franchises of all time article although i am very busy with my new website that i launched and writing for TSP as well. Right now I am enjoying breaking down each MLB move as it happens and sharing my insights. By the end of each contract, I’m on record as being right or wrong on each player.We can come back and look to see if i know what im talking about. Hopefully you have an article coming out soon. Looking forward to it.

2. Johnny G says:

I agree with you 100% but none of this is really news to me. Jackson has been one of the most least likable players since hes entered the league and has shown that no matter how talented he is, hes absolutely classless.

How about when he dropped the ball prematurely when he was scoring a td so he could do one of his celebration dances, when he called out the entire Dallas secondary before the playoff game and he was held catch less, or when he beats a corner on a deep ball and he trots backwards into the end zone.

I don’t mean to sound racist but Desean Jackson is support for every stereotype where people are called “ignorant”. He could put up 50 touchdowns a year and I’d still hate his guts.

• Christian says:

Unless he changes his ways, which is what this article is calling for. Hey, people are rooting for Mike Vick. Jackson never electrocuted or drowned any dogs… at least that I know of.

• Schmitty says:

Who are all these people who dislike DeSean Jackson? In what specific ways has he shown lack of class? Seriously, please show me some examples?

Was he pouting in the locker room from not getting touches after the Bear game? Or was it from getting chewed out after the game by Reid infront of the whole team? Lack of clas was Reid chewing him out infront of the whole team and not like a man behind closed doors.

Did you see the post game locker room after the Giants game by chance? He barely had any catches and the reporters were asking the offense (Vick and receivers) all types of questions, when DeSean said, and I quote “go talk to the defense and ask questions, they deserve all the credit for this win with 5 takeaways!” That shows class. Then he said hey defense as he held the gameball gave it to the defense and said guys dinner is on me!

Guess that is not class? Johnny, I like you as a writer but think you have your facts wrong this time!

For the record he was a ROOKIE when he messed up with that dropping the ball for a potential touchdown against Dallas in his first year. I think in your skewed view you are missing the fact McNabb was the PROBLEM in that game, not Jackson, Maclin, Celek, Avant, etc. But of course the idiot Donnie blamed his young receivers, who he failed to lead as always!

I know you are not racist, but you seem to hate DeSean for your own personal reasons as much as you love that DEADBEAT Pat ‘lil’ Bat Burell for god knows what reason!

• Johnny G says:

I know a lot of people who dislike him but I wasn’t trying to say there are tons of anti-desean jackson people out there, I’m saying there should be.

He’s shown a lack of class in every way possible including his comments to the media, his statements on twitter, him trying to pawn off signed merchandise on his website, holding out from camp this season, his on the field celebration antics, or when he dives to the ground at the sign of any physical contact whatsoever. Thats my personal favorite. He also alligator armed a TD pass last week, which wouldve been the deciding score.

There is no acceptable reason for pouting in the locker room when youre a grown man. Reid justifiably chewed him out, not because he had a bad game, but because pre-game Desean DIDNT WARM UP! HE didn’t go through the proper pre-game routine to properly prepare for the game. Classless.

ITs very easy to be classy after a win but someones real character shows after a loss and Desean is the type of player who’d have a bright smile on his face if he had 100 yards and a td but the eagles lost.

I don’t care if he was a rookie or in highschool when he DROPPED the ball intentionally before he reached the endzone in order to celebrate prematurely. He did the same thing in a high school all star game that was shown. You think he would learn his lesson?

It has nothing to do with the fact that they lost, it has something to do with him talking shit on a Dallas secondary that absolutely shut him down. Keep your damn mouth shut.

I don’t hate him without cause. He has proven he is an absolute classless thug who disrespects the media and more importantly the game. The reason you hate Pat Burrell must be personal because he has always been respectful to the fans, the media, and the game. He also won a championship here which Desean has never sniffed.

• Schmitty says:

Johnny you are a KID and I should remember that. I was watching sportS when you were IN THE WOMB!. I would take a pouting Jackson over a PUSSY BUREELL 8 days a week. And for the record come and say it, you dislike BLACKIES! When did you give a fuck about the media, they get paid to sell papers, not report he truth. Bottom line is Jackson is an ALL PRO while Patty is A PUSSY AVERAGE PLAYER WHO STEALS $. STILL I LOVE YOUR OPINION AND RESPECT YOU! DON’T HATE ME CAUSE I AM A CRACKER and great looking! lol! HAVE A GOOD NIGHT AND LETS PRAY THE YANKSDONT STEAL WERTH!

• Johnny G says:

Why is Burrell a pussy?

It has nothing to do with Desean Jackson being black, its about him being a classless individual.

Out of all your bizarre antics and posts, this comment here takes the cake. You are really extremely biased and whatever issues i may have with a player, you will always bring burrell into the argument which is pretty immature.

• Schmitty says:

Johnny please excuse me this week! I am in angry schmitty mood and trying to bicker with anyone and everyone and as a compliment to you, you are a witty combatant! That is a compliment!

I am still not over the Phillies in the NLCS!

I am growing more and more tired of Andy Reid setting us up AGAIN to make the playoffs and save his job, but go nowhere essentially.

I wanna blow up that disgrace of a team called the Sixers, those whores stealing money at the management positions.

The Flyers get a pass, cause they are a team with a plan.

Lastly I bring up Pat just to get you going…it’s all good and keep up the great work.

I would LOVE an article from you on the top 10 WORST franchises of all time!

3. Schmitty says:

WHILE I AM NOT HAPPY WITH JACKSON SULKING AND I PRAY HE DOES NOT BECOME A MOSS,CINCO OR TO HEADCASE. I AM TROUBLED WITH MUCH MORE DANGEROUS AND PRESSING ISSUES.
    1. ANDY REID AND HIS CONTINUAL TIME MANAGEMENT ISSUES 12 YEARS RUNNING. ANDY SUCCEEDING A GAME AWAY BY KICKING USELESS FIELD GOALS WHEN TD’S ARE PARAMOUNT TO WIN. 2. AN OFFENSIVE LINE THAT WAS SO PATHETIC IN THE 2’ND HALF VICK WAS RUNNING FOR HIS LIFE. 3. A DEFENSE THAT GAVE UP LONG RUNS AFTER MISSING TACKLES IN THE BACKFIELD AND TURNING 5-7 YARDS PASS PLAYS INTO 40-50 YARD BACK BREAKERS!

JACKSON WILL REBOUND AND IS THE LEAST OF THE WORRIES ON THIS EAGLES TEAM AS I SEE IT!

KICK THE TEXANS ASS THURSDAY AND ALL WILL BE SWELL TILL NEXT SUNDAY!